Steelix #208

"It is thought its body transformed as a result of iron accumulating internally from swallowing soil."
-Pokémon Platinum Pokédex

mon amigurumi

Wow... This was quite a weekend project. In total, 23 hours of my weekend were sacrificed for this amigurumi. I have not really ever tried to learn anything about Steelix as a Pokémon. Design is not what I would look at except when it comes to the game, but wait, let's add some glitter and it'll turn out awesome! Yeah, I like this even more now. Appearance-wise, the amigurumi does not differ all that much from the original design, since the creature's made of steel and therefore it may glitter. :)

For this amigurumi I used yarn that I got from my boyfriend as a Christmas gift (NAKO, Lame Fine). The yarn contains metallic fibers and it was pretty hard go work with due to its loose twist. My crochet hook kept tangling with it constantly. I wouldn't recommend this yarn to beginners.

Thanks to my boyfriend for helping with the photoshoots. He is incredibly talented at shooting rock and ground type Pokémons.

mon amigurumi

Comments

Popular Posts