Vivillon #666

"Vivillon with many different patterns are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat."
-Pokémon Omega Ruby

Mon Amigurumi
Photography by @/phxroos

The idea of Vivillon came to me originally when I was deciding on my new cosplay, and while Pokémon is awesome, the original inspiration came from my other hobby: photography. Just recently I invested in a better camera (SLR) so I could produce somewhat better pictures for the blog. Then I started to think about the upcoming cosplay conventions. It's not the first time I've googled a character with the same interests as me and this time I found Viola, a professional photographer and gym leader of Santalune Gym, from Pokémon X and Y.

The cosplay itself was quite easy to make... except the wig, which consists of one torn apart long wig, iron wire and lots and lots of hot glue. Still, it didn't take that long compared to my prop, Vivillon amigurumi.

Vivillon is my second 1:1 scale amigurumi after Chimecho and one of the two biggest amigurumis I have ever made, the other one being Snorlax. The amigurumi's wingspan measures up to 70 centimeters and it took over two weeks to make alongside work.
Materials used are black cotton yarn, three different shades of pink from DROPS Fabel, two different shades of grey from Novita 7 veljestä and some recycled blue and white cotton yarn. The iron wire structure inside the wings has been doubled so it can hold the weight of the crocheted wings.

Hopefully, I'll get to Tracon 2019 from my studies which are starting around the same time. I'd love to show up in my new cosplay and maybe even attend to Hall Cosplay. I know that my costume isn't the fanciest or detailed one but it has a point of view which hasn't been seen often. This is still just a maybe but we'll see. :)

Comments

Popular Posts