Undertaker - Kuroshitsuji

Undertaker (葬儀屋, Andāteikā) is a seceded Grim Reaper. He is also a former Aristocrat of Evil and informant to the Phantomhive house, since Vincent Phantomhive's time. He used to work as a funeral director for normal society.

Mon Amigurumi
© @kawaipanda_chan
Undertaker is a commissioned amigurumi from a few months ago and wow was it a lot of work. His body was the easiest part. Then I had to move on to the hair. It had been a while since I had last made doll hair this way, so I went straight to buying a huge stash of 100% acrylic yarns in ten different colors. Normally I recycle all my materials used for amigurumis but it's almost impossible to tell the contents of different fibers in them. The yarn used in this type of doll hair 100% acrylic so it can be manipulated with the help of a hair straightener after the twist in it has been brushed open.

In this post, I have included a link to a video by Mozekyto on how to make doll hair from acrylic yarn.

After hours of working on the hair, I got to add Undertaker's robe and top hat. Everything went smoothly until I had to embroider the face. I wanted to go for the eye-obscuring hairstyle that's a distinctive feature of his throughout the entire movie series. Then I realized the hair kept falling to the area I was sewing, but fortunately, I had some hairpins that had barely been used. When the was finished I got to pack Undertaker in a cardboard box with the interior of a coffin - a little surprise for whoever gets this amigurumi.


Mon Amigurumi

Comments

Popular Posts