Meltan #808

"It melts particles of iron and other metals found in the subsoil, so it can absorb them into its body of molten steel"
-Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu


Meltan, a Pokémon which I had never heard of. Nowadays it's pretty weird to see these Pokémon that draw inspiration from everyday household objects... Nothing bad about that, it just weirds me out. When Meltan was released to the public, it caught my eye since I follow Pokémon on social media but quickly forgot about it due to my studies.
A while ago my friend suggested this Pokémon for me to make since I had some excessive grey yarn on hand. Sure. Let's make it right away in scale 1:1.

The finished Meltan amigurumi has no iron wire structure. The nut is stuffed with absorbent cotton and the body with dry peas and some bearings that are commonly used in cars. These I added to give the Pokémon more weight due to it being a steel-type Pokémon. Obviously, this is not a kids' toy but most of the time I keep amigurumis to myself or give them to my adult friends.

Comments

Popular Posts